When someone dies, it can be one of the most stressful times of our lives. We are here to help you get through this.
We will guide you, step by step, through the process and provide you with all the support and information you need.
The paperwork we require from you in order to carry out the funeral service is:
- Green certificate from the registrar
- Coroner’s paperwork (if relevant)
- Release paperwork if the deceased has died in hospital
Registering a death
A death should be registered before arranging a funeral and it needs to be registered at a Registrar's Office within five days.
The Registrar will need the following information about the deceased:
- Full name and any previous names
- Date and place of death
- Date and place of birth
- Last address
- If married, full name, date of birth and occupation of surviving spouse
- If they were receiving state pension or other benefits
- Medical certificate of cause of death
- NHS medical card (if available)
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)